[R] Automating Plot and Model Generation

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Dec 21 16:31:05 CET 2011

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011, Bert Gunter wrote:

> Well, you may have to invest in a book or two to get what you want.

Bert,

   I've more than a dozen books I've bought and read over the past few
months, but haven't found what I need in them. (May be there and I missed
it.)

> You can start with R's own "An Introduction to R," but if that won't do,
> check the CRAN website, specifically the R Home Page under the "Books"
> link. John Chambers's latest (Software for Data Analysis) is pretty
> comprehensive. O'Reilly has a couple in their series, also.There are many
> at various levels and emphases though.

   I've read the intro; I'll do so again. Saw a couple on amazon, bought one
and will buy John Chambers' latest when I can get the most from it.

> For a shorter resource, check out Patrick Burns's website. He writes
> well for newbies.

   Will do.

Thanks very much, and happy holidays,

Rich