[R] Automating Plot and Model Generation

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Dec 21 15:57:33 CET 2011

   I need to generate 6 x-y scatter plots (lattice xyplot) for each of 11
data frames. I'm sure the tedium of doing these one at a time can be avoided
by writing a script that uses nested for loops or the apply() function. My
Web search has not provided me with a tutorial on R programming that will
introduce me to the language and allow me to write such a script.

   Please provide pointers to resources that I can read to learn how to
automate this process (and similar ones that I know will soon be needed).

TIA,

Rich