[R] unique combinations

Keith Jewell k.jewell at campden.co.uk
Wed Dec 21 15:40:25 CET 2011

Thanks Uwe,

I was happy that my 2 lines gave what the OP asked for, albeit in a
different order.

My puzzlement arose from Jeff Newmillers comment:
> You could read the help for expand.grid very carefully for the answer to
> this question.
... which I reas as saying that ?expand.grid would lead to a solution.
I used "[", which I couldn't see suggested on ?expand.grid.
I thought I'd missed a neater solution in the help pages, and hoped someone
could point it out.

Best regards,

Keith Jewell
news:4EF1EC69.2080707 at statistik.tu-dortmund.de...