[R] replacement has 13665 rows, data has 13664

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 14:00:30 CET 2011

On 11-12-20 12:22 AM, Nicole Marie Ford wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> I have come across a problem.  Previously, when I recoded my DV, added the variable to my dataset and ran the multinom, I was just fine.  But I am doing it again and I am getting this error.
>
> R>  Poland$trust<- trust
> Error in `$<-.data.frame`(`*tmp*`, "trust", value = c(NA, NA, NA, NA,  :
>    replacement has 13665 rows, data has 13664
>
> Do I need to delete a row?  And if so, how would I do this?

Surely you should know whether you have 13665 cases or 13664.  If you
have 13665 cases, then you've made a mistake constructing "trust", and
deleting a row could be disastrous.  If you have 13664 cases, then
you've made a mistake constructing "Poland", and you should fix that.

If you don't know how many cases you have in your dataset, you should
find out.

Duncan Murdoch