[R] any DCCA function in R?

Javier Murillo Pérez javier.murillo at vi.ieo.es
Tue Dec 20 10:47:06 CET 2011

Dear Gavin,

Thank you very much for your fast answer and your explanations.

Yes, you are right; it is in the Vegan package and I would like to run a DCCA to remove the arch effect that I obtain in a CCA. I am working with samples stations where I have my species identified and environmental variables and the idea is to do an ordination related to the environmental variables to study the assemblages that I have.

I have thought in others methods too, but I am very interesting in the CCA and it is difficult to reduce so much the number of terms, because I only have 6 environmental variables (only 6) and the most important (depth) is the responsible of this arch effect.

I have heard that CANOCO has implemented the DCCA, but as I have began to work with R some months ago and I am trying to run all my analysis with R I was interested in to know if there was any function to do this.

Could be a good idea to post that message on the R-SIG-Ecology list too.

Again thank you very much,

Javier