[R] Rattle install issues on windows 7 and R2.14.0

Muhammad Abuizzah izzah100 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 17 22:34:51 CET 2011

Hi all,

Installed rattle and the required GTK+, but ran into problems.  did some research on the net which recomened removing GTK+ and insalling it from within R from the package RGTK2 which I did but that didn't resolve the problem.

I get two different errors one is noticed as soon as I try to run rattle as bellow

> rattle()  ##after this command I get the following msg.

(rsession.exe:4012): Gtk-WARNING **: Unknown property: GtkMenuBar.ubuntu-local

Rattle timestamp: 2011-12-16 19:20:50

The other error is noticed when I try to load rdata into rattle. it's also worth mention that it seems buttons on the rattle gui don't seem to be as responsive, but anyway the error message is as follows:

(rsession.exe:4012): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_builder_get_object: assertion `GTK_IS_BUILDER (builder)' failed

Error in set.cursor() : attempt to apply non-function

I also ran the rattleInfo () command and noticed that only a small number of the suggested packages is downloaded with the setup.  bellow are the results of the rattleInfo command:

> rattleInfo()

Rattle: version 2.6.15 cran 2.6.15

R: version 2.14.0 (2011-10-31) (Revision 57496)

Sysname: Windows

Release: 7 x64

Version: build 7600

Nodename: xxxxxx  ## the xxx here are added manually to mask my user and login names

Machine: x86-64

Login: xxxx

User: xxxxxx

Effective_user: xxxxx

Installed Dependencies

RGtk2: version 2.20.19

colorspace: version 1.1-0

cairoDevice: version 2.19

foreign: version 0.8-46 upgrade available 0.8-48

gWidgetsRGtk2: version 0.0-77

Matrix: version 1.0-1 upgrade available 1.0-2

nnet: version 7.3-1

RGtk2Extras: version 0.5.0

rpart: version 3.1-50

survival: version 2.36-10

That was 13 packages.

Upgrade the packages with either of the following commands: