[R] Random Forest Reading N/A's, I don't see them

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 22:25:54 CET 2011

What exactly is your problem with this file?  The file that you sent
had 10 lines of what appeared to be data and 4489 lines with just
commas which would read in as NAs.  When you do an 'str' you get:

> str(x)
'data.frame':   4498 obs. of  195 variables:
 $ Good_Bad                   : Factor w/ 3 levels "","BAD","GOOD": 3
3 3 3 2 2 2 3 3 1 ...
 $ Good1Bad0                  : int  1 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 NA ...
 $ PercUltColl                : num  1 1 1 0.98 0.09 0.01 0.19 1 1 NA ...
 $ GoodMerchant.              : int  1 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 NA ...
 $ Fundid

so there are 4498 lines of data in the file, but you probably only
what the first 10.  Is this what your problem is?