[R] modify the name of axis of an R function

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Dec 15 18:21:58 CET 2011

On Dec 15, 2011, at 11:30 AM, plocq wrote:

> Thanks you very much!  The way plot(fit, main="main title", xlab="X-
> axis
> lable", ylab="y-axis label") seems to work quite well, I didn't
> notice that
> I could do this.

You are replying to a message on a mailing list (which most people do
NOT see as a web page)  and the Postng Guide asks that you include
context.

> I have in fact one more problem with it : the fact is that I have
> three
> plots that are called by the function. I can specify my three titles
> by
> doing "main=c("title1","title2","title3")" whithout any problem. But
> proceeding this way to specify the axes' titles doesn't work
> anymore. How
> can I specify three differents pairs of titles for these axes?

The Posting Guide also asks that you provide a specific example of
what you mean by "not working".

> Thank you again
>
> --

And Rhelp is not at Nabble, and it's not an archive, either.

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT