[R] plot matrix of characters

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 17:35:51 CET 2011

I may be confused, but this seems ill-defined since, in the example,
the color corresponds to a numerical value: characters are only there
as labels. Do you intend to map the characters onto some numerical
spectrum? If so, how?

As a side note, one of the best places to get visualization ideas in
my experience has been the R Graph Gallery. It's often worth a look
and comes with code examples for all the entries: perhaps you can find
some attempts at "graphing" character data there.

Michael