[R] OPeNDAP access with R

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 21:15:50 CET 2011

GDAL can do it, and so then can the rgdal package if you can compile
against a GDAL including the OpenDAP driver. You get each 2+D-array
(subdataset in GDAL terms) flattened into a series of 2D rasters where
each slice in higher dimensions is an attribute on the raster, but
that often is quite useable.

(I see Roy Mendelssohn points out that ncdf4 can do it, which I did
not know - that is good to hear.)

Cheers, Mike.