[R] How to add points to two plots parallelly ?

chakri chakri2sai at yahoo.co.in
Tue Dec 13 14:53:33 CET 2011

Sorry. I did not format message properly (by mistake message was posted as
HTML, but it was written in plain text )

I am looking for ways to add points to three different plots in parallel.

I generate three scatter plots and name them as s3d1, s3d2 and s3d3

s3d1<-scatterplot3d(mtcars[,3],mtcars[,4],mtcars[,5],main="common",pch=20)
s3d2<-scatterplot3d(mtcars[,3],mtcars[,4],mtcars[,5],main="common",pch=20)
s3d3<-scatterplot3d(mtcars[,3],mtcars[,4],mtcars[,5],main="common",pch=20)

If I try to add points to s3d1,

s3d1$points3d(mtcars[,3],mtcars[,4],mtcars[,5],col="red")

The points go into s3d3 but not s3d1. What am I missing ?

Additional notes : I am using "layout" function to include 3 plots in a
page. Intention is to add data points to each of these plots. Basically I
obtain data points while running a program in a loop, so I need to add
points each of these plots as and when I get the data points specific to
that particular plot.