[R] shorter way of coding

Mintewab Bezabih Mintewab.Bezabih at economics.gu.se
Tue Dec 13 16:48:13 CET 2011

Dear Sarah and R users,

Thanks Sarah for the suggestion. The example you gave me works and I managed to get it to run by modifying the 'lm' to the gam command.

y.list <- list(y1=runif(10), y2 <- runif(10), y3 <- runif(10))
x1 <- 1:10
x2 <- c(11, 15, 17, 2, 18, 6, 7, 8, 12, 10)
lapply(y.list, function(y)gam(y~s(x1,x2, k=100)))

I now face problem of getting the fitted results from the gam command. My original problem for only one y looked like this. Now how do I get to incorporate vis.gam(b) and fitted (b) into my new code?

b<-gam(y~s(x1,x2,k=100),data=dat)
vis.gam(b)
fitted(b)

Many thanks once again.