[R] Is there a way to print branch distances for hclust function?

kbrownk kbrownk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 06:19:00 CET 2011

Thanks, I had tried using height but I was using it wrong. If I had
the distances alone it would be enough, except that the height returns
the distance all the way to 0, rather than to the adjacent merge. So,
if an initial merge at height 0 has a distance of 10, and that object
then merges again at having a distance that reaches height 35, I'd
want to see a distance value of 25 not 35. So I will need a way to
relate merges with heights somehow so I can subtract lower level
distances like this. I have 67 total distances, so if some manual work
is involved I can manage. I'm working on the advice you provided,
which may provide some answers.

Thanks,
kbrownk