[R] Can not install doBy

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Dec 10 05:02:09 CET 2011

On Dec 9, 2011, at 5:13 PM, jdef wrote:

> Every time I try to install the doBy package I receive this error
> message:
>

> Warning in install.packages :
>  error 1 in extracting from zip file
> Warning in install.packages :
>  cannot open compressed file 'mvtnorm/DESCRIPTION', probable reason
> 'No
> such file or directory'
> Error in install.packages : cannot open the connection
>
> Has anyone run into this problem?

Generally resolving installation problems requires more detail. The
glaringly obvious question after seeing that error message would be,
do you have `mvtnorm` installed?  But even if you do have it installed
there would be many other questions that remain unanswered.

Where you will be provided with a request to include a variety of
specifics.

In this case the code would mean .... how, _exactly_ are you "trying
to install" the package. On R-help brevity is not the "soul of wit"
but rather the opposite.

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT