[R] Titelpage pdf-manual, packaging

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Fri Dec 9 14:15:16 CET 2011

Hi,

I am trying to get write my first own package.
I followed the instructions in "Creating R Packages: A Tutorial"
and "Writing R Extensions". So far everything works really
fine, the script works and even the man-pages don't show
any problems during the check process.

During "check" there is also the package-manual.pdf created.
When I compare my manual to those at the CRAN rep, i looks different:
I seems the other manuals have a kind of "titlepage" and even the
document title is different (package 'xxx' vs. R documentation
of ‘/Users/...’ etc.).

Is that behavior simply a matter of being published at CRAN and mine is just
a local package for myself? Or do I miss a man-page which is responsible for
that first page and the title?

Best regards,
Johannes