[R] axis line width in boxplots

S Ellison S.Ellison at LGCGroup.com
Fri Dec 9 12:29:30 CET 2011

> How can I control only the width of the
> axis line? Or, other option, how can I get rid of the axis
> line without getting rid of the tickmarks (as below the axis,
> there is the line from the frame, I don't really need the axis line)?

 Not sure which boxplot you;re using; on mine (R 3.13.1) lwd isn;t pushed through to box() and axis()

However, it's fixable in boxplot() by producing the boxplot with axes=FALSE and then using axis() and box() with your specified line parameters to add the box and axes separately with whatever lwd your version supports.

S Ellison