[R] profile likelihood

plocq less.is.mo_ at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 9 06:59:20 CET 2011

Hi,

I try to use the function profile() of the SpatialExtremes' package to
obtain the profile likelihood of parameters for an extreme values fit based
on Poisson process :

fit<-fpot(data, threshold, model="pp", npp=365).

But when I call "profile(fit)", I obtain the following error (even if I
precise others arguments of the function) :

[1] "profiling loc"
Erreur dans nlpot(p[1], p[2], ...) :
argument(s) inutilisé(s) (loc = 9.58435562072)

I don't understand what is unused and why. From where does this error come
from? If someone could help me it would be nice...!