[R] matching using "which"

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 16:19:12 CET 2011

Here's one that is perhaps a little simpler: simply drop the which and
use logical indexing.

dat <- matrix(1:6, 2); colnames(dat) <- c("A","B","A")

dat[, colnames(dat) %in% "A"]
dat[, colnames(dat) %in% "B"] # Note that you may want drop = FALSE
dat[, colnames(dat) %in% "C"]

dat[, !(colnames(dat) %in% "A")] # Note that you may want drop = FALSE
dat[, !(colnames(dat) %in% "B")]
dat[, !(colnames(dat) %in% "C")]

Michael