[R] Help! I couldn't put multiple qplot on the same page...

Michael comtech.usa at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 23:14:01 CET 2011

Hi all,

I am stuck at ploting multiple graphs on one page. I don't why it doesn't work.

All the 6 plots are either exactly the same, or they simply don't plot
at all. I made sure that in each iteration the "datasub" and
"factorsub" are different ...

Could you please help me?

Thanks a lot!

I did my homework and followed the following advice:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1249548/side-by-side-plots-with-ggplot2-in-r

my.multiplot <- function(..., plotlist=NULL, cols) {
    require(grid)

    # Make a list from the ... arguments and plotlist
    plots <- c(list(...), plotlist)

    numPlots = length(plots)

    # Make the panel
    plotCols = cols                          # Number of columns of plots
    plotRows = ceiling(numPlots/plotCols) # Number of rows needed,
calculated from # of cols

    # Set up the page
    grid.newpage()
    pushViewport(viewport(layout = grid.layout(plotRows, plotCols)))
    vplayout <- function(x, y)
        viewport(layout.pos.row = x, layout.pos.col = y)

    # Make each plot, in the correct location
    for (i in 1:numPlots) {
        curRow = ceiling(i/plotCols)
        curCol = (i-1) %% plotCols + 1
        print(plots[[i]], vp = vplayout(curRow, curCol ))
    }

}

My code is as below:

----------------------------

myplotlist=vector('list', 6)
nCount=0;

for (j in myyears)
{
	print(j)
	nCount=nCount+1

                    #...
                    # prepare datasub and factorsub for different j...
                    #...
	tmp<-data.frame(as.double(datasub),as.numeric(factorsub))
	tt=qplot(factor(as.numeric(factorsub)),as.double(datasub),data=tmp,geom
= "boxplot",ylab='Chg',xlab='Hours', main=j)

	myplotlist[nCount]=tt

}

my.multiplot(plotlist=myplotlist,cols=3)