[R] running texi2dvi without running bibtex

Aidan Corcoran aidan.corcoran11 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 12:47:21 CET 2011

Dear all,

I was hoping someone may know a way of running texi2dvi while ignoring
bibtex errors, or any other work around (such as not running bibtex at
all, if possible).

The context is that I have an R program that does some calculations
and writes a table into various folders, one per country for several
countries. I have a latex file that takes the table as an input, and
this latex file is copied into each folder. I would like to use R to
compile the latex files, to avoid having to open and compile them
individually. The files are simple one page files with no citations,
so need no biblio.

If I switch to one of the folders containing a table and a latex file and run
  texi2dvi("onepager", pdf = TRUE, clean = FALSE, quiet = FALSE,
         texi2dvi = getOption("texi2dvi"),
         texinputs = NULL, index = TRUE)
I get
 running command '"C:\PROGRA~1\MIKTEX~1.9\miktex\bin\texi2dvi.exe"
--pdf "onepager"  -I "C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-213~1.0/share/texmf/tex/latex"
-I "C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-213~1.0/share/texmf/bibtex/bst"' had status 1
and no pdf produced.

I think the problem is that the absence of a biblio causes an error.
The files compile in Texniccenter (with a warning on "no \citation
commands" etc). Does anyone know of a trick to avoid this problem?

Thanks very much for any help!

Aidan