[R] arules package intsallation

Thomas Chesney Thomas.Chesney at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Dec 7 12:20:40 CET 2011

From: Prof Brian Ripley [ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 10:45 AM
To: Thomas Chesney
Cc: r-help at r-project.org
Subject: Re: [R] arules package intsallation

On Wed, 7 Dec 2011, Thomas Chesney wrote:

> I'm using R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13) on Mac OS X and I get the following error message with library(arules):

Well somehow you used a version of arules built for R 2.14.0.  Try the
build for R 2.13.x.

And please note that R-sig-mac is the list for Mac-specific questions
(which this is: only on Mac OS X are package build locked to a
specific version of R).

>>Thanks and noted re: R-sig-mac.

> PS on a related note, are the package installer port settings
> available somewhere and I'll send them to IT, ask them to unblock
> it?

What exactly do you mean by 'package installer'?  There is not really
any such thing.  Inside R, install.packages() just uses http, and
R.app's menus (if that is what you mean: R.app is not R, BTW) just use
install.packages().  I think you need to talk to your IT people and
get them to solve their problem (and it is their problem, not ours).