[R] arules package intsallation

Thomas Chesney Thomas.Chesney at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Dec 7 10:54:29 CET 2011

 I'm using R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13) on Mac OS X and I get the following error message with library(arules):

Attaching package: 'Matrix'

The following object(s) are masked from 'package:base':

    det

Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
  unable to load shared object '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/library/arules/libs/i386/arules.so':
  dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/library/arules/libs/i386/arules.so, 6): Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.14/Resources/lib/libR.dylib
  Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/library/arules/libs/i386/arules.so
  Reason: image not found
In addition: Warning message:
package 'arules' was built under R version 2.14.0
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'arules'

The arules CRAN page says: Depends:	R (≥ 2.11.0), stats, methods, Matrix (≥ 0.999375-38), all of which I have - anyone know what the problem is? I'm really relunctant to update R as its Package Installer is blocked somehow by our Firewall and updating all the packages I use is a major hassle.

Thank you (as always!)

Thomas

PS on a related note, are the package installer port settings available somewhere and I'll send them to IT, ask them to unblock it?This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.