[R] Regression model when dependent variable can only take positive values

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Tue Dec 6 14:15:54 CET 2011

Dear Michael,

Did you measure newborns? If not center age to a value that makes sense in relation with the range of age in your dataset. Then the intercept will be the height at the reference age. And most likeli non-negative.

Best regards,

Thierry

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature and Forest
Kliniekstraat 25
1070 Anderlecht
Belgium
Thierry.Onkelinx op inbo.be
www.inbo.be

To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of data.
~ John Tukey