[R] Argument validation within functions

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 13:04:59 CET 2011

The quick and dirty way to do so is to use: stopifnot() in conjunction
(if necessary with all() and any()). You can replace that first
condition with a simple is.numeric() as well. A more helpful way (if
this is production code) is to use if statement with the stop()
function directly which lets you provide specific error messages.

Michael