[R] how to view/edit large matrix/array in R?

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Tue Dec 6 02:12:44 CET 2011

... and do you really think perusing thousands of numbers by eye is
any way to edit/check data?!

Personal viewpoint: I would say that this is a large area of
statistics and data analysis that the discipline fails to address in
any systematic way ... perhaps because there is no way to address it
systematically? Contrary views and corrections -- especially
references! -- would be very welcome.

 My advice would be: graphics! -- but I can't provide anything more
useful without the specifics of the problem.

Some packages may provide the interactivity you seek -- check the CRAN
GUI task view, R Commander, etc.

-- Bert