[R] vector

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 20:51:55 CET 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 2:43 PM, " Majid " <golden_boy110 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Sarah.
> Thanks so much,Really I am new in this software,I am wrking to learn the
> software.

First, you should always send your replies to the list. That way
information can help others,
and more people are available to provide advice.

Second, is this homework?

Third, see below.

> I have this sample and I was checking it :
> #========Generating data===============
>
> # in here we produce patterned data
> #Do this and see what will happen:
>
> 1:10
>
> # now put this seri in a vector
>
> a1 <- c (1:10)
>
> #======================================
>

> #Do this and see what will happen:
> seq(1, 5, 0.5)
>
> # now put this seri in a vector
>
> a2 <- c (seq(1, 5, 0.5))
>
> Can you please learn me what is the matter  about these orders ?

Nothing is wrong with these commands. Both make vectors. The c() is
unnecessary in both cases, but still works.

If this is not homework, you still need to explain what you *expect*
to have happen, otherwise nobody can help you.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org