[R] Random Forests in R

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Thu Dec 1 17:29:55 CET 2011

The first version of the package was created by re-writing the main program in the original Fortran as C, and calls other Fortran subroutines that were mostly untouched, so dynamic memory allocation can be done.  Later versions have most of the Fortran code translated/re-written in C.  Currently the only Fortran part is the node splitting in classification trees.

Andy