[R] R endnote entry

hwright heather.wright at maine.edu
Thu Dec 1 11:46:16 CET 2011

1. May I suggest that you try Mendeley for bibliographic management
2. There are also citations for specific R packages when you download each
version.

Let's use the ade4 package as an example:
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/ade4/index.html
if you selection citation info the corresponding bibtex input has been
provided.

 @Article{,
    title = {The ade4 package: implementing the duality diagram for
      ecologists},
    author = {S. Dray and A.B. Dufour},
    journal = {Journal of Statistical Software},
    year = {2007},
    volume = {22},
    pages = {1-20},
    number = {4},
  }

This is a reliable way to deal with references in other programs ie:
LaTeX...etc. I save all my references as bibtex into mendeley and then have
a subfolders for R analysis/methods that contain the package citations.

Using a .txt (bibtex file made from the ade4 package citation), my inserted
citation in a word document from Mendeley looks like this: (R Development
Core Team, 2011)
and the formal reference in the bibliography is: R Development Core Team.
2011. R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing.

If however, you are still determined to use endnote, then you have 2 ways to
configure your reference,  manually add a reference by copy/paste the
correct title from the citation, etc. Then configure your .ens style for the
appropriate journal, etc. If you insert the citation and it becomes R.D.C.T
then it's likely the original input is fine and you have to configure your
style output.

good luck!

-----