[R] x, y for point of intersection

Hans W Borchers hwborchers at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 1 12:13:49 CET 2011

Monica has sent me some data and code for taking a quick look. As it
turned out, there was a simple programming error on her side. The
segm_distance() function in package 'pracma' is working correctly. And
there is no minimization procedure in here, it simply solves some
equations from plane geometry.

Maybe the function suggested by Don is faster, I haven't checked that.

Regards,  Hans Werner