[R] <TAB> completion in R console when using Lion OSX

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Wed Aug 31 22:17:08 CEST 2011

On Aug 31, 2011, at 2:40 PM, Nathan Hutcheson wrote:

> R version: 2.13.1 64 bit for macOSX
> R console version: R for Mac OS X GUI 1.40-devel Leopard build 64-bit (5874)
>

> Problem:  When I go to use the <TAB> auto completion feature it keeps tagging on all the listed options instead of just allowing me to pick one.  Is there a fix for this?

If this is the same issue (I don't use the GUI), it was recently discussed over on R-sig-mac:

  https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2011-July/008497.html

A quick peek at the page referenced suggests that as of this writing, Simon is up to rev 5901, so you should update to that.

For Mac specific queries, you should subscribe and post to the r-sig-mac list: