[R] Entering Multiline Commands With ESS

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Aug 31 19:42:18 CEST 2011

   If there's a separate ESS user mail list, please point me to it.

   I'm using emacs with ESS and want to enter multiline commands for plots.
Examples in my reference books show each line terminating with a comma so
labels and other attributes can be specified for the plot before it is
submitted for rendering. When I try to do this, however, I get an error:

> boxplot(chemdata$quant ~ chemdata$param),
Error: unexpected ',' in "boxplot(chemdata$quant ~ chemdata$param),"

   Please explain how I enter these commands.

Rich