[R] RPostgreSQL Loading Issues

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 30 22:21:31 CEST 2011

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011, Joe Conway wrote:

> Just a guess, but possibly because libpq.so (the postgres client
> library) is not being found.

Joe,

   My initial thought, too. But, that's not it.

> 1) Do you have libpq.so installed on your system?
> 2) If so, where?
> 3) If it is not in a standard system location (e.g. /usr/lib), try
> adding an entry either to /etc/ld.so.conf or a file with the appropriate
> entry in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ and then run ldconfig

/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so.5
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so.5.3
/usr/lib/libpq.so
/usr/lib/libpq.so.5

   The softlinks in /usr/lib/ are to /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so.5.3.

   Since postgres-9.0.4 runs quite well here there must be some other factor
in play.

Thanks,

Rich