[R] converting matrix in array

marco marco.milella at aim.uzh.ch
Sun Aug 28 23:09:43 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,
have a small problem trying to converting a dataset in matrix form to an
array.
Specifically: data include 3D measurement -x,y,z of 59 points in 36 objects.
They are stored as a matrix (x) of 2124 rows and 3 columns.
What I want to do is to extract each subject's dataset using an array (b).
Accordingly, I tried the following command:

b<-array(a,c(59,3,36)).

The problem is that the resulting array for some strange reason change the
order of the original data.
Specifically, I noticed that, for example, in the first subject, the x y z
values of the first point are the x values of the first 3 subjects.

Did I perhaps missed something?
Thanks in advance