[R] Error: package 'lsei' is not installed for 'arch=i386'

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sun Aug 28 17:49:10 CEST 2011

On 27.08.2011 15:51, MK wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am having problem loading a package that I have installed. I have searched
> some old thread but they were no help in terms of solving the problem.
>
> I uninstalled every possible component of R and installed R 2.13

May we assume R-2.13.1 is meant here? (there never was a R-2.13 release)

> and
> followed the R-faqs installation steps. Then I installed the package (lsei)
> from local zip file

Further on, may we assume this is Windows? (unstated)

 > which was installed successfully but can not be loaded
> and returns the error message as titled. The zip file can be downloaded
> below, it used to work fine on my old version of R (I think it was 2.9).
>
> http://www.stat.auckland.ac.nz/~yongwang/
>
> I've check .libPaths() as some suggested and remove the copy in the first
> directory but that was the only copy that I have on the machine.
>
> Can someone give me a direction on how I can solve this problem?

Don't use the Windows binary package but install the package from
sources, two reasons:

1. Since R-2.10.x, R has a new help system. Binary packages prepared for
R < 2.10.0 cannot work with the new help system.
2. Since R-2.12.0, the location of compiled code changed. Hence binary
packages prepared for R < 2.12.0 that include compiled code cannot work
with recent versions of R.

Uwe Ligges