[R] Using write.table i have a table with two columns i would like to save it as an excel file

Scott ncbi2r at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 25 23:14:49 CEST 2011

One option you've got is to configure that your operating system so any CSV
file will be opened up in Excel. Those instructions will depend on the type
of operating system.

I'd usually turn row.names=FALSE on either write.table or row.table as it's
not that important (for what I do it's normally just consecutive numbers)
but usually it's the default argument.

For just numbers like what you have, I'd turn off quotes - just because it's
not that necessary when you have a separator as a comma. If you end up using
data where you might have entire sentences with commas, excel will likely
space your data in a strange way because it think's that the sentence needs
to be broken. Using a tab as the sep or using quote will get around this.