[R] (OT) Puzzled over reinstalling R on new Linux distro...

Peter Langfelder peter.langfelder at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 05:15:03 CEST 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 6:19 PM, Brian Lunergan <ff809 at ncf.ca> wrote:
> Evening all:
>
> Redid my home box using VectorLinux (Slackware variation) and now I'm not sure
> which game trail to follow to reinstall R.
>
> Could somebody with more knowledge in this share their thoughts off-list. Just
> need a pointer to the appropriate trail head. I can take it from there.

Simple installation is very, well, simple - download the
R-2.13.1.tar.gz bundle, for example from here,

http://cran.r-project.org/src/base/R-2/R-2.13.1.tar.gz

then unpack it and follow the usual steps of ./configure, make and
make install.

See the R Installation and Administration manual at
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html for more details,
configuration and installation options, etc.

HTH,

Peter