[R] R (&stats) newcomer.... help!

geigercounter120 geigercounter120 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 24 11:01:18 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I hope that i've posted this in the correct place. if not, please accept my
apologies (where should this go?)

I have carried out experimental removal of bivalves at 2 intertidal shores.
Bivalves were removed by raking of surface sediments. I wish compare the
biomass values of for a total of 8 species between the 2 shores

My 3 treatments are: Undisturbed Controls (Cont), Procedural Controls (Proc)
and Experimetnally Fished (Fished).

As Fished and Proc have both experienced disturbance, I set the model using
2 factors as follows:

	Controls	Procedural	Fished
Raked	0		1		1
Fished	0		0		1

As a newcomer to R (& stats!), I am unsure as to how to proceed.

i am currently adopting the approach

model<-glm(biomass~Shore*Raked*Species+Shore*Fished*Species)

And then run post-hoc adjusted pairwise comparisons between signifcant
terms.

Does this look OK to you guys?

Many, many thanks

Chris