[R] R system command does not work with objects/variables

syrvn mentor_ at gmx.net
Tue Aug 23 14:03:37 CEST 2011

Hello!

with the R system command I would like to call a perl script which needs an
input directory and an output directory in form of a path. When I put in the
path directly it works. The script line looks as follows:

system("perl '../path1' '../path2' '../path3'")

If I store the path in a variable/object and call the perl script again it
does not run and I don't know how to overcome that issue.

p1 <- "../path1"
p2 <- "../path2"
p3 <- "../path3"

system("perl p1 p2 p3")