[R] R and Sweave

Ista Zahn izahn at psych.rochester.edu
Fri Aug 19 22:43:37 CEST 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Uwe Ligges
<ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de> wrote:

> On 19.08.2011 21:15, Ista Zahn wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 2:23 PM, danielepippo<danzur at hotmail.it>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everybody.
>>>
>>>  I'm trying to use R with Sweave but I have a problem perhaps with the
>>> directory path of sweave in R.
>>> The windows path is this:
>>> C:\Program Files (x86)\R\R-2.9.2\share\texmf\Sweave
>>>
>>> When I run the latex file with R, the program works well, without any
>>> errors, but when I create the pdf file, the Scode doesn't work. I think
>>> the
>>> problem is about the path.
>>> Can anybody suggest to me anything to do?
>>
>> Please post the type of LaTeX installation you are using (MikTeX?) and
>> the version, along with the error you get when you try to compile to
>> document. It might be as easy as adding C:\Program Files
>> (x86)\R\R-2.9.2\share\texmf\Sweave to the MikTeX roots directory, but
>> more information is needed.
>>
>> Also update to the latest R version if possible. Version 2.9 is two
>> years old by now, and two years is a long time in R-land.
>
> The actual problem is that LaTeX has still problems with paths containing
> spaces.

That may be the problem, but I don't think it's a certainty; Sweave
works on my system (with MikTeX 2.9) even though the R texmf directory
path contains spaces. All I had to do was add C:\Program
Files\R\R-2.13.1\share\texmf to the list of MikTeX root directories.

Best,
Ista