[R] UNC Windows path beginning with backslashes

Henrik Bengtsson hb at biostat.ucsf.edu
Thu Aug 18 19:31:58 CEST 2011

I think you can also do this from within R (e.g. in your .Rprofile)
using the R.utils package;

library("R.utils")
System$mapDriveOnWindows("K", "\\\\campden\\shares\\Workgroup\\Stats")
driveLetters <- System$getMappedDrivesOnWindows()
System$unmapDriveOnWindows("K")

These methods utilize 'subst' of MS Windows.

/Henrik