[R] [statEt] Rmpi problem in Eclipse statEt

m.marcinmichal m.marcinmichal at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 19:56:21 CEST 2011

Hi,
I try use  Rmpi package to my compute. In my work I'm using eclipse version
3.6.2 and statEt version 0.10.0 (launch Rterm or RJ). Actually I observed
strange behavior, when I try loading Rmpi directly I don't have any problem
i.e.:

library("Rmpi")
mpi.spawn.Rslaves()

  8 slaves are spawned successfully. 0 failed.
master (rank 0, comm 1) of size 9 is running on: marcin-HP
slave1 (rank 1, comm 1) of size 9 is running on: marcin-HP
slave2 (rank 2, comm 1) of size 9 is running on: marcin-HP
slave3 (rank 3, comm 1) of size 9 is running on: marcin-HP

mpi.remote.exec(paste("I am",mpi.comm.rank(),"of",mpi.comm.size()))

$slave1
[1] "I am 1 of 9"

$slave2
[1] "I am 2 of 9"

$slave3
[1] "I am 3 of 9"

$slave4
[1] "I am 4 of 9"

$slave5
[1] "I am 5 of 9"

$slave6
[1] "I am 6 of 9"

$slave7
[1] "I am 7 of 9"

$slave8
[1] "I am 8 of 9"

When I try run this same commands into statEt (launch Rterm or RJ) my
console suspend i.e.:
library("Rmpi")
mpi.spawn.Rslaves()
After mpi.spawn.Rslaves() I can't send any comand. Why? What's happen?

Best

Marcin M.