[R] Fit Gompertz' curve'

Dennis Murphy djmuser at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 19:39:56 CEST 2011

Hi:

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 7:07 AM, Silvano <silvano at uel.br> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I build a graph taking into account the times: 1,
> 2,4,6,8,10,12,15,18,21,24,28,32 and 48.
>
> Be that the scale of the X axis does not look right. It seems equidistant.
> (graph attached)

(a) No graph came through. See the Posting Guide for details of what
types of attachments will pass to the list.

(b) Is Tempo numeric or factor? Try str(mydataframename) to find out
the classes of each variable in your data frame. If they seem
equidistant, it's a plausible null hypothesis that Tempo is a factor.
If so, change it to numeric; one way to do this is

mydataframe$tempo <- as.numeric(as.character(mydataframe$Tempo))

I used a different variable name so that you can double check whether
the conversion is correct. Also run str() on the modified data to make
sure that the new variable is numeric.

HTH,
Dennis