[R] seeking advice about rounding error and %%

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 03:58:46 CEST 2011

Hi Paul,

What about using:

x[x != as.integer(x)] <- NA

I cannot think of a situation off hand where this would fail to turn
every non integer to missing.

I wonder if there is really a point to this?  Can the client proceed
with data analysis with any degree of confidence when an unknown
mechanism has altered data in unknown ways?  Could Excel have
sometimes changed one integer to another (e.g., 4s became
1.18whatever, but 3s became 1s or....)?

Cheers,

Josh