[R] compiling r from source on Windows 7 (64 bit)

Erin Hodgess erinm.hodgess at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 03:18:38 CEST 2011

Dear R People:

Hope you're having a nice Saturday.

I'm trying to compile R-2.13.1 from source on Windows 7 (64 bit).
I've been able to compile on a 32 bit without any problems.

I changed my BINPREF64, WIN, DEFS_W64 in MkRules.local and did the
usual stuff with the jpeg, etc.

But things are jogging along and I get the following:

Makefile.win:28: ../../../../etc/x64/Makeconf: No such file or directory

Has anyone run across this, please?

Should I possibly just switch back to 32 bit, do you think, please?

I need to compile from source because I'm building packages.

Thanks for any help.

Sincerely,
Erin

--