[R] choosing selective data with permutations

Vikram Chhatre crypticlineage at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 20:37:01 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am a R beginner and hoping to obtain some hints or suggestions about
using permutations to sort a data set I have.

Here is an example dataset:

Ind1   11  00   12  15  28
Ind2  21  33   22  67  52
Ind3  22  45   21  22  56
Ind4  11  25   74  77  42
Ind5  41  32   67  45   22

This will be read into a variable using read.table.  What I want to do
is permute these individuals and every time pick 3 individuals and
write them to a new variable.  I want to do this 100 times so that in
the end I will have 100 tables containing data for 3 individuals each.
 The data (for individuals) itself is not to be permuted, rather the
selection of individuals.

I am guessing this is probably trivial to do.  But I would appreciate
any advice on this matter.

Thank you.
Vikram