[R] confidence interval as shaded band (lme)

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Mon Aug 8 22:40:52 CEST 2011

Would someone tell me how they propose to go from "standard errors" to
confidence intervals*. I suspect Doug Bates would probably like to
know, also, as he has expended a lot of effort on this over the years,
I believe.  :-)

-- Bert

* Note   +/- 2 std errors is almost certainly not the right answer --
how far wrong it is ... that's the question.

Cheers,
Bert