[R] trouble with uninstall

marktab mail2009 at marktab.com
Sun Aug 7 20:59:03 CEST 2011

Hello

I had the same problem today.

Error Message:  "This Installation can only be uninstalled on 64-bit
Windows."
Computer System:  Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 32-bit
R Version attempted:  R 2.13.1 (installed as part of the R and Friends
package from http://rcom.univie.ac.at/download.html)

I have R 2.12.0 successfully running on another machine using Windows 7
64-bit.

The reason I tried to uninstall is because the installation hanged at a
certain point.  I went down the basic path of R installation only.  Since
installation was unsuccessful, I logged off and tried again a few times.
Then, when I tried to uninstall, the software gave an error message.

I believe version 2.13.1 for Windows was packaged incorrectly, thus causing
both installation and uninstallation problems.

It is possible to uninstall manually.  If someone knows of a fix to this
installation or uninstallation problem, please post to this thread (which
might help other people who have the same problem).

My resolution will be to drop back to an earlier version of R, and then wait
for another future version beyond 2.13.1 -- sad that this particular build
has some flaws

-----

Mark Tabladillo
Data Mining Architect