[R] rJava on Debian squeeze (or other versions of Linux)?

Barnet Wagman b.wagman at comcast.net
Sat Aug 6 17:15:05 CEST 2011

(Dirk: I mistakenly sent this to you directly: I meant to post it to R
help.  Sorry)

On 8/6/11 8:16 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> a) Did you try 'sudo apt-get install r-cran-rjava'  ?  This is after all
>     packaged in Debian
>
> b) The Debian rjava package has 'openjdk-6-jdk' in its Build-Depends, do you
>     have that installed if you try to build from source?

I'm going to be using rJava as part of a package I'm developing, so I
need to be able to install it in a more generic way than the Debian
distribution.  For the same reason, I need to get it to work with Oracle
Java.

thanks