[R] Dichotomous variables

marco marco.milella at aim.uzh.ch
Fri Aug 5 17:53:17 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,
Have sample of items for each one, a set of 20 dichotomous (absent-present)
variables are expressed. I'm trying to understand how to explore the
co-occurence of each variable.
Read some papers concerning smallest space analysis, but it does not seems
implemented in any R package (and my protamming skills are =0).
Non metric MDS gives error messages, probably because of the dichotomous
character of my variables.
My aim is basically to obtain a 2D plot with cooccurence expressed as
distance between plots (variables).
Any advice to such issue?

Thanks in advance and sorry for this long post

marco