[R] Possible bug of QR decomposition in package Matrix

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 08:14:13 CEST 2011

Hi C6 (were C1 - 5 already taken in your family?),

I downloaded your data and can replicate your problem.  R ceases
responding and terminates.  This does not occur with all uses of qr on
a dgCMatrix object.  I know nothing about sparse matrices, but if you
believe this should not be occurring, you should contact the package
maintainers.  Here is my sessionInfo() (FYI, it would probably be
helpful to report yours also in case the issue is version dependent):

R Under development (unstable) (2011-07-30 r56564)
Platform: x86_64-pc-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252
[2] LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages: